martedì 12 aprile 2011

MADRID!!


Last month, I went to Madrid, in Spain, with my class; we started the school trip the 29th of March and we returned the 2nd of April. I was very happy especially because it was the first trip with my schoolmates, so I can say with my friends!! We were enthusiast and excited because we knew that Madrid was a wonderful city!!

We visited a lot of museums like Reina Sofia that was very interesting, but my favourite was Thyssen Bornemisza where I saw Picasso's painting: Guernika. It was very big, white and black; the art teacher explained that it represented a war and the sadness for this terrible war. We liked it a lot so we took a photo!!


 We also visited Prado's museum but we did it the third day we were in Madrid, we were very tired for having walked too much the days before, so we only went to see Goia's painting; I detested him because his works were sad and macabre!! =(

Our hotel was in the centre of the city; sometimes we took the metro that was very efficient but we prefered to go out by foot to see every aspect of Madrid that I think is very quiet and clean!!
We were very lucky!! The weather was very good; it was always sunny and hot. It seemed summer.
Everyday we went to shop in some streets near the most important places and monuments, and I bought a lot of little things for my parents and cousins in Italy. It was the most relaxing moment of the day out of the hotel!!
Before arriving in Madrid, I hoped to find some handsome Spanish boys but I didn't find them =( there were more Italian boys!!
Every night, after having dinner, we were very tired but we had to take advantage from that moment, so we went out to see "MADRID'S MOVIDA''!! There were more people at night and it was very strange and amazing for us that come from little villages.

The most beautiful place I saw was Plaza de España where there was a monument of the poet called Miguel de Cervantes in the centre of the place (see the photo);

there is also a big fountain and a little open market where everyone could buy whatever because they weren't expensive things!!

We also visited Plaza de Cibeles, Puerta del Sol where there was a monument that rapresented a bear that ate fruits from a tree (this is the symbol of Madrid), Plaza Sant'Ana where we went Wednesday and Friday night and where we saw a flamenco show, and Plaza Mayor. In the last place there were a lot of people that enjoyed seeing some street artists and also some men that painted people who wanted a "caricature" of himself/herself. Francesca and I bought two because we wanted a souvenir!!
They are very funny!! =D


 We visited Atocha's station that was a very strange station because inside there was a tropical garden with a lot of little turtles that are very lovable!! I wanted to take one home but I couldn't!! =(
 We went to San Fernando's Academy where I very appreciated modern art, and to the royal Palace that is very interesting!! The family was certainly very rich if it lived in this residence!!

 So, I hope I will return to Madrid because this city is very interesting and visiting it in only one week is impossible!! The schooltrip has been fantastic and I have still got my head in Madrid!! =)       
                                                                                                     Barbara..

1 commento:

  1. i m sorry to dishearten you but the caricatures (even if they are nice) are one the exact copy of the other... but it's a very original souvenir!! me too i want one!!! grhhhgrhhh :)

    RispondiElimina